I've wanted to write -- and have had stuff
to write about -- for more than a month. I just couldn't. God only know why...
but the words just didn't want to flow. They still aren't, really. That's
why this isn't a "real" entry. But I needed to get something in this
space. Maybe this will jump start me.
I hope everyone's holiday season has started merrily enough. I had this grand
plan -- just like my plan to write more -- that I would have all of my shopping
done before the calendar ever reached December. Of course, at last check,
I'd only bought three things. I have much work to do... and with each passing
day, less time and fewer Wal-Mart parking spaces with which to do it.
The main reason for my lack of shopping (and writing) is that between November
25 and December 6, I worked like one day. I had some personal time coming
my way and I cashed it in. The result was inner peace and two weeks away
from Lakeland (and my computer).
Of course, I've worked 48 hours in the last three days and, well, here I
am at the computer. So, hopefully... "I'm back" in every sense of the
1. Are you an innie or an outtie?
2. Have you ever worn bell-bottoms?
Not that I can recall.
3. Have you ever written a song?
Never a good one.
4. Can you make change for a dollar right now?
I have no change.
5. Have you ever been in the opposite sex's public toilet?
Of course. When you've got to go...
you've got to go.
6. Have you ever smelled your own feet?
7. Do you like ketchup on or beside your french fries?
On the side, please.
8. Can you touch your tongue to your nose?
Nope. But I'd probably be more popular
if I could.
9. Have you ever been a boy/girl scout?
Tiger Cub, Cub Scout and Boy Scout
up to Life rank.
10. Have you ever broken a mirror?
I don't think so.
11. Have you ever put your tongue on a frozen pole?
Not even for a "triple dog
12. What is your biggest pet peeve?
People that don't use their
13. Do you slurp your drink after it's gone?
14. Have you ever blown bubbles in your milk?
But, of course.
15. Would you rather eat a Big Mac or a Whopper?
What about a burger from
16. Have you ever gone skinny-dipping?
Only in swimming pools...
17. When you are at the store, do you ask for paper or plastic?
Plastic is the default here... and
I don't buck the system.
18. True or False: You would rather eat steak than pizza.
Depends. I like both quite a bit.
Either would be okay.
19. Did you have a baby blanket?
Probably stored away in my mom's cedar
20. Have you ever tried to cut your own hair?
Nope. I would be almost certain to
21. Have you ever sleepwalked?
When I was younger... every once in
22. Have you ever had a birthday party at McDonalds?
23. Can you flip your eye-lids up?
I don't think so. It's not something
I try often.
24. Are you double jointed?
No. One is all I need.
25. If you could be any age, what age would you be?
Probably right where I am now.
26. Have you ever gotten gum stuck in your hair?
I can't recall.
27. Have you ever thrown-up after a roller coaster ride?
No... I love roller coasters.
28. What is your dream car?
One day, I want to own a fire
29. What is your favorite cartoon of all time?
Bugs Bunny, maybe? There are so
30. Would you go swimming in shallow waters where, one year earlier, a shark
had attacked a child?
32. Have you ever eaten a dog biscuit?
I sort of nibbled on one once. Just
to try. I'm crazy that way.
(It was nasty, by the way.)
33. If you were in a car sinking in a lake, what would you do first?
Roll down the windows.
34. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yep. In the front seat as a rider,
on the cot as a patient and in the back as a firefighter.
35. Can you pick something up with your toes?
Like what? A dime? Probably. The
television? Probably not.
36. How many remote controls do you have in your house?
Five. (TV #1, TV #2, VCR, DVD &
a multi-use remote)
37. Have you ever fallen asleep in school?
Many times... I perfected the
38. How many times have you flown in an airplane in the last year?
39. How many foreign countries have you visited?
The closest I've come was being in
the embassy of Jordan.
40. If you were out of shape, would you compete in a triathlon if you were
somehow guaranteed to win.
41. Would you rather be rich and unhappy, or poor and happy?
Can't I be rich and
42. If you fell into quicksand, would you try to swim or try to float?
I'd probably sink & die.
44. Do you ask for directions when you are lost?
Not until I'm really, really lost...
Or really late.
45. Have you ever had a Mexican jumping bean?
No jumping beans for me of any
46. Are you more like Cinderella or Alice in Wonderland?
I'm not a woman, so I'll skip this
47. Would you rather have an ant farm with no ants or a box of crayons with
The crayons -- they can be
48. Do you prefer light or dark bread?
Kroger white bread.
49. Do you prefer scrambled or fried eggs?
Scrambled... and still a bit
50. Have you ever been in a car that ran out of gas?
Three times -- once on the friggin'
51. Do you talk in your sleep?
Quite often, I'm told. Luckily, I'm
yet to reveal any secrets.
52. Would you rather shovel snow or mow the lawn?
Shovel snow... It's only on the walks
53. Would you rather be bitten by a poisonous snake or constricted by a
54. Have you ever played in the rain?
Yes... and in the snow & sleet,
I don't discriminate among
55. Which do you think is more dangerous: an angry bear or a hungry white
Hungry white shark.
56. Would you climb a very high tree to save a kitten?
No. I'm a firefighter. I'd use a
57. Can you tell the difference between a crocodile and an alligator?
58. Do you drink pepsi or coke?
Coke is it!
59. What's your favorite number?
I'm partial to 3,1526. heh,
60. If you were a car, would you be an SUV or a sports car?
SUV... And the environment would hate
61. Have you ever accidentally taken something from a hotel?
62. Would you blow your nose at the dinner table?
Of course not. That's just
63. Have you ever slipped in the bathtub?
Not that I can remember... but I've
slipped just outside of it.
64. Do you use regular or deodorant soap?
I use whatever SafeGuard is.
65. Have you ever locked yourself out of the house?
66. Would you rather make your living as a singing cowboy or as one of the
As a Simpsons voice, but I dig the
Riders in the Sky.
67. If you could invite any movie star to your home for dinner, who would
I have no idea.
68. Have you ever gotten a truck driver to honk his horn?
69. Which would you rather live with: a huge nose or crossed eyes?
Gimme the snout.
70. Would you hang out with someone your best friend didn't like?
Ask Jessie... I've done it
71. Would you hang out with someone your best friend liked, but you didn't
Probably... You do that sort of stuff
for best friends.
72. Have you ever returned a gift?
To the store? For something better?
73. Would you give someone else a gift that had been given to you?
It would depend on many
74. If you could attend an Olympic Event, what would it be?
I have no idea.
75. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
Dress shoes, one good pair of tennis
shoes, a pair of casual shoes, some work books, some boots for work, a pair
of shoes for my dress uniform at work and a couple of pairs older tennis
76. If your grandmother gave you a gift that you already have, would you
I doubt it.
77. Do you sing in the car?
Loudly and, as I've been told, out
78. Would you rather jump into a dumpster or into a vat of honey?
I don't like to be sticky. But I hate
to stink, too.
I guess I'd go with the honey.
79. What is your favorite breed of dog?
I'd love dalmatians, but they can
be nutty. So, I'll say Labs.
80. Would you donate money to feed starving animals in the winter?
Not before I donated money to fee
81. If you were a bicycle, would you be a stingray or a mountain bike?
I'm not up on my bike terms, but I'm
guessing a mountain bike. To me, "stingray" just doesn't scream
82. What is your least favorite fruit?
It would be easier to list what were
83. What kind of fruit have you never had?
It would be easier to list what fruit
I had tried.
84. If you won a $5,000 shopping spree to any store, which store would you
Wal-Mart would give me the most spending
power, but I'd probably hit Best Buy for a swanky television instead.
85. What brand sports apparel do you wear the most?
I'm big on New Balance shoes.
86. Are/were you a good student?
Smart? I'd like to think so. A good
student? Not usually.
87. Among your friends, who could you arm wrestle and beat?
Most of the women. heh, heh.
88. If you had to choose, what branch of the military would you be in?
89. Would you ever parachute out of a plane?
I'd like to try.
90. What do you think is your best feature?
91. If you were to win a grammy, what kind of music would it be for?
Read some of my sad entries... it'd
have to be country.
(Sorry, Jen - heh, heh)
92. What is your favorite season?
Christmas. (Which, in my world falls
between fall & winter.)
93. How many members do you have in your immediate family?
Three: my mom, my brother &
94. Which of the five senses is most important to you?
Hearing... because I love music. But
I love my vision... and that's why I don't go and have crazy laser surgery
done so I could live without glasses.
95. Would you be a more successful painter or singer?
97. How many years will/did you end up going to college?
I was enrolled for six... but I didn't
really go for a year of that.
98. Have you ever had surgery?
99. Would you rather be a professional figure skater or professional football
100. What do you like to collect?
I have boxes and boxes of photographs...
But I consider that a record of my life more than a collection.